I hit a critical milestone today: I published my 1,000th post.
Katharses.org has been up on the web since 2005, but I’ve actually been blogging since 1996, before it was even called blogging. And because this website was before Twitter, before Facebook was Facebook as it is today, I published content that’s not typical for a blog of today’s standards.
So as a little treat, I want to rehash some old content. Even though 2005 was only 7 years ago, in this day and age that’s a lifetime.
- In April 2005, I published a post about Chris Jordan’s photography illustrating the results of modern America’s mass consumption (see his Intolerable Beauty exhibit). I’m happy to see he’s still around, taking stunning photographs that bring attention to how our waste is affecting our environment (see his Midway exhibit).
- Where it all started: an article I found on how to survive a zombie attack. My friend would be amused to find out that even back in 2005, I was still obsessed with zombies.
- Wow, Amazon.com celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2005? That’s cray cray!
- Talk about time capsule. I linked to an article about an Apple iTunes phone which is still available online!
- I signed my first lease. And I’m still living there! (In the same complex, not apartment)