I’ve been obsessed with wedge salads lately, for no particular reason other than the fact that I’m bored with my usual salads (and it’s so dang easy). It’s rare that I actually get to use natural light to take food photos but this particular day I happened to be at home for lunch so I did an impromptu shoot in front of my office window.
Oh, and the blue cheese dressing? Homemade. And uh-maaa-zing.
Recipe: Classic Wedge Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon Vegenaise (any variety)
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon – 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, quartered
- 1 slice of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (4 oz.) chicken breast, seasoned and grilled and diced
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- Prepare the blue cheese dressing by mixing all thoroughly in a small mixing bowl. You can adjust the red wine vinegar and garlic to consistency and taste. Basically if your dressing is too thick, add a little more red wine vinegar in small increments until the desired consistency is reached. Taste to see if there’s enough chopped garlic for you.
- Assemble the salad by placing 1 quarter of iceberg lettuce on a plate. Top with chopped tomato, crumbled bacon, and grilled chicken. Pour blue cheese dressing over lettuce and voila! Yummy salad!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1